Recently life has been a bit slow going! I had a sinus infection and a cold sore UP MY NOSE! WTF! It has totally wiped me out and really all I have been able to focus on is looking after the girls and going to work each day. I had to cancel the half Marathon I was going to run because I just couldn’t get out and train. So now I need to get back into the swing of things so I have written a list of things I want to do. Basically a life bucket list (but a short term, manageable one!):
- Go to the gym. I am never going to be a total gym bunny but for me taking an hour a few times a week to go to a class really does make me feel better. At the moment I feel unfit and generally ‘urgh’ about myself.
- Go on a date with my boyfriend. We last went out for an evening last year!
- Declutter the house. Now I am notoriously messy (just ask my mum!) but I have now got to the point that I am unable to relax in my own home before it is all getting little chaotic! I need to dedicate some time to get it cleared.
- Clean the house (kind of linked to number three). Having two kids and a full time job means that some things need to give, at the moment it is most cleaning tasks at home. On the plus side I am sure that my kids are having their immune systems built up a treat! I can’t afford a cleaner so therefore I need to find a way to get my arse in gear and clean a bit more.
- I love writing. It is a great creative outlet and really gives you a chance to clear your mind but recently I just haven’t been able to do it so I really need to get my head back in the game.
- Hang out with my girl friends. My childhood friends have slowly slipped away and I miss them terribly and the bond we all had. We have a WhatsApp group and we text once in a while but I really want us all to get back together. Yes we are all busy but hopefully we can all get time together…
- Do more things with the kids. And I don’t just mean the normal things. I want to get out with them more. Play on the beach, build camps in the woods, play hide and seek…. Just do things that they (and I) will remember forever. Miss A is desperate to stay in a hotel (we usually go camping!). This is one thing I am going to do with her in the next few months even if it is just me and her.
- I am not a massive fan of running but I love the idea of it. Getting out in the fresh air and spending some time alone. Just running!
- Book a holiday! Holidays and travel are good for the soul. #fact
- Lose some weight. Not to look ‘skinny’ but to feel better in my skin (oh and to hopefully not shorten my life!)
It is now time to wake up from this winter hibernation and get going!